Two hospitals to serve you better
The Norman Parathyroid Center operates out of two hospitals in Tampa, Florida. About 75% of our patients are operated on at Tampa General Hospital, and the other 25% are operated on at Memorial Hospital of Tampa. You will be treated better than you ever had before at both of our hospitals.
Top floor with a view
The Parathyroid Center at Tampa General Hospital was built on the top floor of the newest wing of this large hospital in 2008 to house our patients. We are the only dedicated parathyroid surgical practice in the world. All of our patients have a similar problem as you, and many have come a very long way to see us. You will meet some very nice people who have some great stories to tell.
We operate on patients from all over the world with about 60% of our patients coming from outside of Florida, and about 8% living outside of the US. We operate on about 3-4 Canadians every week which is more than any hospital in Canada. We operate on several people from Europe and the Middle East every week.
We are parathyroid disease exclusively
All of the nurses and everybody else you will meet in the Parathyroid Center has dedicated their career to taking care of patients with parathyroid problems. These nurses and OR techs work with us every day and they don’t go to any other part of the hospital.
A team approach
One of the big reasons why we are so successful at parathyroid surgery is because of our team approach, and our team does one thing only. The operating room nurses and techs have seen thousands upon thousands of parathyroid operations and they are extremely good at their craft. The nurses in the pre-op and post-op areas have taken care of many thousands of parathyroid patients so they know exactly what is going to happen to you and when it is going to happen. So sit back and let the world’s best team pamper you and take care of all of your needs.
Use the WiFi
There is free WIFI internet service for you and your family at both of our hospitals. Simply look for the “guest” server. Click on this, scroll to the bottom and click on “agree”. There is a TV in your room with a remote (attached to a long wire) for your family to watch while you are getting your scan and when waiting your turn in the operating room.